So. My 50th entry. Originally I had this thing planned out where I would have fifty random facts about myself. Things like the fact that I have freakishly long monkey toes or that my face is not symmetrical, that I love nerdy things like Star Trek and Lord of the Rings but also enjoy action movies. However, less than ten facts in, I was quite bored. Not that I'm a boring person. I just have a short attention span.
What was I talking about?
Oh yeah. So instead, I decided to discuss the top reasons why I know I watch too many movies. Yeah. So. Here I go.
- Almost anything anyone says reminds me of a scene in a movie. Which I quote.
- There is a constant soundtrack going in my head. Especially on road trips, I imagine the different angles my car could be filmed from, and what music might best fit the mood of the trip.
- Sometimes when my memory is triggered by a word or a sound or a smell, I sit and stare off into space for indeterminable amounts of time. In my head, I am flashing back, explaing my sudden reaction, which may range from a sudden loud laugh to a tiny, glistening tear rolling down my cheek.
- Sometimes things become more dramatic than they need to be. And I see them in slow motion.
- I categorize my days into movie genres. "Oh yeah, that day was total comedy."
- I forget that characters on the screen are not real, and feel a sense of betrayal when my favorites show up in another movie.
- I believe that love stories really do happen like that, which has ruined me for any relationship that doesn't resemble Cinderella.
- I often break into song or dance randomly and am confused when those around me do not join in in full harmony and choreography.
- I am shocked when I walk into a high school and don't see teenagers resembling fully grown adults. Who are those little people???
- I get frustrated when all my problems are not solved within two hours. Apparently my life is an epic miniseries. Is that an oxymoron?
And that's about all I have right now. I love movies. Movies are great. My life is a movie. For reals.