Sunday, June 28, 2009

Just a couple things I am NOT good at

I am not a fan of cleaning. I don't like it, and I don't do it well. I mean, I totally can, but I just don't care enough. Also, while I am a HUGE fan of vacations and leaving town, I despise packing. And unpacking. Sometimes I wish I could have a backpack that all my belongings fit into. Or learn to teleport. That would be the best.

What's the point of all this, you ask? Well, I am currently less than 30 hours away from leaving on a trip to Colorado! I'll be gone a week, and I'm super pumped, but I'm currently at that stage where I really can't put things off any longer, but I still desperately attempt to. I have company showing up tomorrow night in the form of my sister in law and her two kids, and I have to try to stuff a week's worth of clothes, toiletries, entertainment, etc into two duffel bags. Unfortunately, I highly doubt that my TV and Wii will fit in the car, so no Animal Crossing for a week! (More on that fabulous game at a later date and time I'm certain.)

So that brings me to something I am extraordinarily good at (and it's not spelling, judging by the number of times I am using the backspace key in this post): procrastination. Now, some people claim to be good at procrastinating, but it really takes a special form of dedication to fully embrace the procrastinator's lifestyle. (I am not typing that word again, it takes like five minutes each time I try. From now on I will refer to it as the "P-life.") Most people are far too OCD to be fully P-life. Sure, let a couple dishes sit in the sink for a couple days...but a true P-lifer will use every single clean dish and then eat out just to avoid filling the dishwasher. Yes, folks, it has gotten that bad before. Some people let the garbage fill up and maybe even overflow a bit before taking it out. Amateurs. The trick is to not put all the garbage in one spot...fill a shopping bag over here, a garbage bag over there, make a pile on the table of old mail and papers...by the time you finally take that trash down to the dumpster, you can really make the trip worth it with three or four full garbage bags! College was terrible. Why start a research paper right away when you can wait until the day (or night) before? I know what you're thinking. All college students do that, right? The difference between a typical college student and a P-lifer is that the P-lifer is able to get decent grades on said papers. P-life is an artform.* I could go on, and I am tempted to, but I do need to get through this post and get to it...It's almost midnight and I have to be at the dentist at 8am tomorrow...and of course I have a bit of cleaning and packing yet to do tonight! Just have to finish watching Twilight first...

Another night, another pointless, random post. I think I'm off to a good start!

*Disclaimers: First of all, I realize I sound completely disgusting. I promise, it's not as bad as it sounds...most of the time. Second, I in no way recommend waiting until the day or night before do to a college paper. Unless you're good at it or have something better to do. Finally...well...I'll get to that later...

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you're disgusting. Though your descriptions of the dirty dishes & garbage everywhere could definitely lead some to believe that. I, however, have seen your former apartment and it was never disgusting when I was there. :)
    I also wish I could teleport. I hate when you just want to be somewhere & it takes forever to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. T am totally a p-lifer as well. . .glad to know I am not alone :)

    ReplyDelete