Sunday, February 14, 2010

A fat baby with a weapon

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! I hope everyone had an enjoyable VD. My VD was alright, not too exciting, I just laid around for most of it, although I did see my sis and fam towards the end. I hope you all celebrated VD with the ones you love, because, single or attached, VD is all about love. What do you mean, I shouldn't use that abbreviation? What do you think it means? Huh? Oh... Ohhhhh... Color me embarrassed! Heh heh...uhh...ahem...

(Okay, deep breath, just keep going...)

So this is the day we have set aside each year to let our loved ones know that they are, in fact, loved. Good thing we have a day for that, because otherwise we might be forced to do nice things for our loved ones on our own, without the pressure of card, candy, flower, and jewelry companies. Phew.

Really, as far as holidays go, Valentine's Day is really strange. I laughed really hard the other day at a skit that Jimmy Fallon does called "Robert is Bothered." I believe there is a website, robertisbothered.com. Anyway, this latest one is about Valentine's Day, and it was hilarious. Some of the high points:
-> "Here's an idea, let's give pictures of our internal organs to other people we love. That's not weird at all. Here honey, happy Valentine's Day, here's a picture of my kidneys!"

-> Cupid. "Am I supposed to find this romantic?...A fat baby with a weapon?"

-> Chocolates. Pieces of poo covered with a maxi pad.

Much funnier if you watch it, but you get the idea. So funny. I did get one Valentine this year, from my friend Kaija. It made me smile. I kinda suck at sending things like that, sending out nice cards. I have a bunch, but I forget to send them. I even have one with Kaija's name written in it, but that's as far as I got.

So...Valentine's Day... I'm pretty cynical about the whole thing. I'm not sure if I would be less so if I weren't single. I think I'd still find it kind of silly. I would much rather get surprises, flowers, whatever when I'm not expecting it. In fact, when/if I get married, I hope we start a tradition for Valentine's Day like sitting at home in our pajamas and watching a movie with a big bowl of popcorn. Mmmm. There's a good time.

Anyway, as I said, I hope you all spent your day celebrating all the different kinds of love present in your life. Who says your Valentine has to be a romantic love? Happy middleoffebruarymeansspringisgettingcloser!

1 comment:

  1. I think VD is also a strange holiday.

    Though I thoroughly enjoyed wishing my father Happy VD. I thought he might pass out laughing.

    <3 Love you. On all days of the year.

    PS: My comment's verification code is "suphips" Lol.

    ReplyDelete